What Does a Landscape Architect Do?
For site work, a landscape architect has the aesthetic training of an
architect and the technical training of an engineer. Landscape
architects are the only professionals trained specifically for all the
complexities of site planning and design.
In addition to landscape plans,
a Certified Landscape Architect can:
- Develop a master plan that considers all aspects of site development-
grading, drainage, retaining walls, ponds, pools, patios, decks,
garages, drives, irrigation, lighting, utilities, etc.
- Situate new homes to take maximum advantage of the site at a minimum
- Illustrate design ideas so that the client can visualize the final
- Prepare detailed plans and specifications that can be bid
- Administer the project from start to finish as a representative of the